Every year people are injured while using charcoal or gas grills. Here are tips to safely cook up treats for the backyard barbecue:
1. Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
2. Never grill indoors–not in the house, camper, tent, or any enclosed space.
3. Make sure everyone, including pets, stays away from the grill.
4. Keep the grill out in the open, away from the house, the deck, tree branches, or anything that could catch fire.
5. Use the long-handled tools especially make for cooking on the grill.
To learn more about preparedness check out Project Prepare.