There are many rules that have been created to protect the safety of people who participate in armed conflict.
International Humanitarian Law is a set of rules which seeks to restrict the methods of warfare, while protecting civillians, prisoners of war, and wounded soldiers.
According to the American Red Cross’s guide for Exploring Humanitarian Law, International Humanitarian Law is also known as the law of war, or the law of armed conflict.
The American Red Cross teaches classes around the country in International Humanitarian Law. The American Red Cross also selects the teachers who teach these classes.
Are you interested in learning more about International Humanitarian Law? Do you think you have what it takes to become an International Humanitarian Law Instructor?
Test your knowledge of International Humanitarian Law through this short quiz:
1. It is forbidden to :
A) Kill an advasary who surrenders
B) Wound an advarsary who surrenders
C) Kil an advarsary who can no longer take part in the fighting
D) All of the above
E) None of the Above
2. It is forbidden to use weapons or methods of warfare that are likely to cause:
A) Unncessary civillan losses
B) Excessive Suffering
C) Unnecessary explosions
D) B and C
E) A and B
3. What must be used when caring for the wounded and sick on the battlefield:
A) Medical Personnel, Medical Establishments, Transports, and Equipment
B) Medical Personnel, Band-Aids, Gauze, and Neosporin
C) Transports, Equipment, Fire trucks, and Doctors
D) Doctors, Nurses, Band-Aids, and AEDS
1. D- According to International Humanitarian Law, it is forbidden to wound or kill an advarsary who can no longer take part in the fighting.
2. E- According to International Humanitaarian Law, it is forbidden to use weapons or methods of warfare that are likely to cause unnessisary civillian losses or excessive suffering.
3. A- According to International Humanitarian Law, the wounded and sick must be collected and cared for by the party to the conflict which has them in its power. Medical Personell and Medical Establishments, Transports, and Equipment must be spared.
To learn more about International Humanitarian Law, sign up for a class today.
What was your score on the quiz? What did you learn about International Humanitarian Law?