Save your calendars for September 17!
The American Red Cross is thrilled to let you know we will be participating in the Big Give. The Big Give is a 24 hour online giving event, hosted by the Columbus Foundation. Nonprofit organizations all over Columbus will participate.
This event begins September 17 at 11:00 am and lasts for 24 hours. All donations, up to a million dollars, will be matched by the Columbus Foundation.
This event was only executed one time in November, 2011. We are thrilled to have the chance to participate in this event again.
Here is a list of a few things that Red Cross has been able to accomplish over the 2012 fiscal year:
• More than 60,000 disasters were responded to promptly.
• More than 4 million people learned first aid, water safety and other lifesaving skills.
• More than 50,000 relief items were provided via international disaster response operations.
• More than 7 million people received disaster assistance immediately.
• More than 146 million children were vaccinated through the Measles Initiative campaigns.
To view the full list of last year’s Red Cross accomplishments, click here:
Thank you so much for the continued support of the work done by the volunteers.
Thank you so much to the volunteers for all the wonderful things you have helped us to accomplish.
Ways you can get involved:
1. Make a donation online starting September 17th at 11am at http://columbusfoundation.org/
2. Share this webpage with your social media by clicking on the ‘Share This Event’ links on the left side of the screen.
3. Print this flyer and hang up in high traffic areas.
4. Tell your family, friends, and coworkers about The Big Give!